The Commission Française de MMA (CFMMA) held a significant board meeting last month (4 December 2018) in Paris, in which national team tryouts were confirmed for 10 February in Paris [See here for details: www:weezevent.com/cfmma2019] and new board members were appointed.
The President Bertrand Amoussou spoke positively of latest developments outlined in the meeting, expressing CFMMA’s hope that MMA will be legalised in France this year, following set-backs in 2018. He spoke of plans for strong participation of the French national team in IMMAF – WMMAA international tournaments in 2019 and of CFMMA’s relaunching of its annual selections.
Agreements were reached in the meeting to roll out the progression scheme and gradings to CFMMA member clubs in 2019 with an inaugural black belt grading ceremony scheduled for February.
A busy calendar proposal includes a focus on education with the hosting of IMMAF -WMMAA Referees and Judges Licensing and Cutman courses, as well as attendance at the 2019 IMMAF – WMMAA Technical Seminar in Antalya.
Bertrand Amoussou and Ghislain Bryks were reelected as President and Treasurer, respectively, for seven year terms.
New board directors elected also for seven year terms were:
Fares Abi Nader
Astrid Beeleon was made an honorary board member.
Committees were appointed as follows:
– Sports Commission: Aldric (head), Ahmed, Bakary, François, Iurie, Estelle
– Medical Commission: Arnaud (head), Estelle, François, Bakary
– Grades Commission: Bertrand (head), Yann
– Prospecting Development Commission: Fares (head)
– Judges and Referees Committee: Ahmed (head)
– Communication Commission: Ghislain (interim)
– Training Commission: Bertrand (interim)
– Women’s Commission: Estelle (head)
– Youth Commission: Yann (head)
The CFMMA Board