The IMMAF World Amateur MMA Rankings is a first for the amateur divisions of mixed martial arts and pertains to both national team rankings and individual competitor rankings, by weight category and pound-for-pound.
The IMMAF World Amateur MMA Ranking list is based on points obtained through participation in IMMAF continental and world championships.
Points are earned by athletes as detailed below, and both individual athletes and national teams are ranked accordingly.
|Position||Continental Open||World Championship|
|1 match won||20||32|
The lifespan for points earned from each competition is as follows:
- For the first 12 months following date of competition the points retain 100% value.
- After 12 months from the date of competition the points decrease by 50% in value.
- After 24 months from the date of competition the points value drops to 0.
- Expiry and points reduction dates will be defined according to the week number (on a Monday) after each tournament was held. For example if the European Open takes place in week 47 of 2015, these points will reduce by 50% by week 48 of 2016.
- Athletes who change weight categories will start again from zero (0) points. Points and seeding positions gained in previous weight categories are not transferable.