The IMMAF World Amateur MMA Rankings is a first for the amateur divisions of mixed martial arts and pertains to both national team rankings and individual competitor rankings, by weight category and pound-for-pound.
The IMMAF World Amateur MMA Ranking list is based on points obtained through participation in IMMAF continental and world championships. Senior athletes/teams and Junior athletes/teams are ranked respectively.
Points are earned by athletes as detailed below, and both individual athletes and national teams are ranked accordingly.
|Position||Continental Open||World Championship|
|1 match won||20||32|
The lifespan for points earned from each competition is as follows:
- For the first 12 months following date of competition the points retain 100% value.
- After 12 months from the date of competition the points decrease by 50% in value.
- After 24 months from the date of competition the points value drops to 0.
- Expiry and points reduction dates will be defined according to the week number (on a Monday) after each tournament was held. For example if the European Open takes place in week 47 of 2015, these points will reduce by 50% by week 48 of 2016.
- Athletes who change weight categories will start again from zero (0) points. Points and seeding positions gained in previous weight categories are not transferable.