- Dublin – July 10, 2016
- Spaces still available on entry level, Grade C and B courses in Paris this weekend
The International Mixed Martial Arts Federation holds its Grade B (/level 2) accredited cutman course in partnership with Joe Clifford on Sunday 10 July 2016 in Dublin in the Republic of Ireland.
The Grade B course is aimed at coaches working with IMMAF affiliated national governing bodies and national teams who wish work in corners, specifically as cutmen or cutwomen. The course is open solely to graduates of the IMMAF entry level, Grade C (level 1) course, and forms part of system of progression that includes both practical and theoretical examinations.
The course will take place at the Maldron Hotel, Naas Rd, Dublin 22, with the practical examination taking place at Team Ryano gym, 5 Finglas Business Centre, Jamestown Rd, Dublin 11.
Educator Joe Clifford has worked extensively as a cutman both nationally and internationally since 2004, covering events for the UFC, AIBA, WBA and WSB. He graduated with a BSc in Applied Sciences, holds a Diploma in Physical Therapy and is a certified Strength and Conditioning therapist. He is also a member of the Irish Physical Therapy Association, Irish Exercise Teachers Association and the National Strength and Conditioning Association USA.
Joe Clifford will be joined by MMA and boxing institution, Bob Plant, renowned for his long cutman experience across the UK and at UFC events across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Grade B Cutman Course Aims:
– To understand and demonstrate the application of the rules and regulations of Mixed Martial Arts MMA in tending corners, for fighters whom have suffered minor injuries in competition only.
– To demonstrate an effective holistic working relationship with the octagon, or the ringside medical team e.g. Doctor, paramedics etc.
– To demonstrate effective skills at administering treatments for minor injuries e.g. hematoma’s, lacerations and Epistaxis (including under Doctors supervision)
– To understand, demonstrate competent hand wrapping skills within the rules and regulations of MMA for the effectiveness, comfort and the safety of the fighters hand.
– To demonstrate the necessary skills in administering bandage and tape within the rules and regulations of the sport for minor hand injuries.
– To understand and demonstrate appropriate body position and handling skills on approach, and in administering treatments to fighters either sitting or standing.
Grade B Second or Cutman must understand the basic ethical & moral responsibilities required to tend corners and demonstrate a code of conduct befitting of that role
GRADE C & B CUTMAN COURSES – PARIS
IMMAF and Joe Clifford will additionally be hosting the entry level Grade C cutman course as follows:
28 – 29 May – Paris, France
For information or to book contact: Ghislain Bryks (CFMMA) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Clifford’s Cutman Courses are sponsored by Qwick-AID
For more information about IMMAF cutman courses contact email@example.com or Joe Clifford directly at firstname.lastname@example.org