Photo by Julien Brondani, CFMMA
2017 IMMAF World Champion Manon Fiorot will be speaking at next week’s Sport Integrity Global Alliance event in Paris, GOOD GOVERNANCE IN SPORT ‘PIERCING THE GENDER GLASS CEILING’ on 7 March, alongside IMMAF CEO and SIGA Council Member, Densign White.
In the lead up to International Women’s Day, the Sport Integrity Global Alliance (SIGA), founded to combat corruption in sport, continues its mission to use collective action to drive reform in sport with a focus on gender equality.
As a strategic priority, good governance in sport is a core area for SIGA and part of the stated SIGA Core Principles on Sport Integrity and Universal Standards on Good Governance in Sport, which include a commitment to respecting diversity, gender equality and a rejection of any form of discrimination.
Promoting gender equality in sport at all levels, this special session will bring together key people working across this issue and will include testimonies from a number of leading women in sport and outline initiatives from organisations paving the way in equality. As part of the coalition’s action-orientated approach, SIGA will announce the development of a worldwide mentorship programme to support and encourage young female leaders in sport.
Fiorot’s appearance not only acknowledges the sport of MMA through the champion’s achievements, but is politically significant since the sport remains banned in France and its athletes unacknowledged. The politically motivated lobby against MMA in the country has been well documented, and the CFMMA with IMMAF’s support has presented a recourse to the French courts to dispute the legality of the ministerial ban.
- Anne-Laure Bonnet, TV Presenter BeIN Sports
- Annette Knott, Secretary General of the Trinidad & Tobago National Olympic Committee
- Angela Melo, Director Policies and Programmes at UNESCO
- Arnaud Richard, President, French National Olympic Academy
- Densign White, CEO, International Mixed Martial Arts Federation
- Ebru Köksal, UEFA Consultant & Senior Advisor at J. Stern & Co
- Emmanuel Macedo de Medeiros, CEO, SIGA
- Jane Lute, President & CEO of the Council on Cyber Security and former US Assistant Secretary for Homeland Security
- Katie Simmonds, Director of Sports Governance and Financial Integrity, ICSS INSIGHT & SIGA Team
- Ling-Ling Nie, Chief Compliance Officer & Assistant General Counsel, Panasonic
- Manon Fiorot, Athlete & World Champion, French Mixed Martian Arts Federation
- Mohammed Hanzab, Chairman, ICSS
- Moya Dodd, Board Member of the Australian Football Federation & Vice President of the Asian Football Federation and Former Member of FIFA Executive Committee
- Paola Ottonello, Policy Office for Gender Equality in Sport at the European Commission
- Patricia Costantini, Founder, Egalsport
- Patricia Moyersoen, Lawyer, President of the Association of International Football Lawyers & Member of Women in Sports Law
- Shellie Pfohl, CEO Safe Sport USA and former Executive Director of the United States President’s Council for Fitness, Sport & Nutrition
- Sonia Souid, Football Agent, Essentially group, CSM Sport and Entertainment
For information about SIGA visit: http://siga-sport.net/