IMMAF is registered as a non-profit organization under Swedish law and upholds the strictest guidelines on democracy and openness. The following comprise the bodies of IMMAF:
- General Assembly – The General Assembly is the meeting attended by all the Delegates of the Members of IMMAF. It is the supreme and legislative body of IMMAF.
- Board of Directors – The Board of Directors is the executive body of IMMAF. It consists of minimum 5 to maximum of 9 members.
- Administration – The task of the administrative staff is to implement the decisions made by the General Assembly and the Board of Directors, and carry out all the administrative duties of IMMAF, under the supervision of the President or his/her designee.
- Arbitration Committee – The Arbitration Committee is the body that resolves disputes.
- Financial Audit Committee –The Financial Audit Committee is a body independent of the Board of Directors that is tasked by the General Assembly to audit the financial activities of IMMAF.
As IMMAF operations are set up over the next few months there will also be other operational committees formed such as a Technical Committee (investigating rules and procedures), the National Federations Establishment Committee, the Public Relations and Communications Committee and the International Sports Federation Recognition Committee.
The General Assembly convenes every fourth year and elects the President, the Board of Directors, the Arbitration Committee and the Financial Audit Committee. Any representative of a National MMA Federation can stand as candidate to the presidency of IMMAF subject to his/her Federation being a Full Member of IMMAF and that he/she has never incurred any criminal conviction that could harm IMMAF’s reputation and/or interests. The next General Assembly will take place in the spring of 2016 at the latest.
For more information click here for the IMMAF statutes.
Being a non-profit organization the IMMAF relies heavily on volunteers for carrying out day-to-day tasks as well as aiding in the development of the organization. The governance of the organization is carried out by the president and the board pro bono.
The minutes of the Board of Directors’ meetings are recorded in English by the Administration and are submitted for approval at the next General Assembly. All minutes will be posted on the IMMAF web page to ensure complete openness and adherence to the democratic principles on which the IMMAF values are built.
Open books are an important cornerstone of a democratic, non-profit organization hence at the end of each year the annual report of the IMMAF will be posted on the web page.